Tuesday 12 February 2013

Experimenting with After Effects


For the past two days I have been trying to figure out how to use After Effects in case we wanted to use another program other than iMovie to make our credits. To be honest at first it was very complicated but after watching various tutorials on YouTube and knowing the basics I created my first set of credits.


This was my first try on Monday as a 'tester'. I chose a bold font and went through different types of effects to see what looked best in relation to our opening. I had gridlines to help me place the text in the centre so it looked orderly and in line with the background picture I would add later on which was of a bright shining light.



 

Today I stuck to the same background picture but made the colour of background black so there is a contrast of black/white throughout our credits. We also chose to keep our credits minimalistic with white on black because it will be more vivid and with the right font and effects it will be effective as the light symbolises ‘truth’ but contrasting the darkness with the black background this suggests the ‘hidden secrets’ which is to do with our opening’s storyline. I went through various animation text effects and found one that was interesting and suited the whole ‘light symbolises truth’ idea and selected ‘Light Flicker’. This not only gives a meaning behind the whole art of the titles but with the flickering it creates a distorted effect which is quite enigmatic.
 
This essentially is our idea for the credits but as blood is symbolic in our opening, it also may be incorporated into our credits aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment